* My favorite TV Shows - Agents of Shield, Psych, and Sleepy Hollow.
* My least favorite season - Winter. Man do I hate the cold and snow!
* Favorite thing about teaching Spanish - seeing my students develop new skills that they've never had before. It's magic!
* Oak Canyon is a great school. I love teaching here! Great students and great faculty.
* I am a certified teacher here in Utah in Spanish, History, and Geography
* I am happily married (going on 15 years) and I have two children
* In my spare time I like to read, play around on my iPad 2, work in my garden, watch movies and TV shows, hike, and camp.
* Favorite PS3 Games: Skyrim, Uncharted (entire series), and Diablo III
* Favorite computer game: Starcraft: Legacy of the Void
* With 329 million native speakers, Spanish ranks as the world's No. 2 language in terms of how many people speak it as their first language. It is slightly ahead of English (328 million) but far behind Chinese (1.2 billion).
* Spanish has at least 3 million native speakers each in 44 countries, making it the fourth mostly geographically widely spoken language behind English (112 countries), French (60) and Arabic (57).
Did you Know?
Bienvenidos and welcome! I am Mr. Jason Miller, and I teach at Oak Canyon Junior High in Lindon, Utah. For the 2016-2017 school year I've decided to use google classroom instead of this website. Google classroom allows me to upload worksheets and do other neat tricks that I can't do here, so hopefully it will benefit everyone more.
To access Google Classroom you will need the student email provided by the school. Sign into the student email. In the upper right hand corner there is a square made up of tiny boxes - those are your google apps. Click on it and scroll down until you see google classroom. When you click on the google classroom icon it will ask for the class code. This is a specific code for your particular Spanish class. Type in the correct code (here they are) and you will enter the google classroom. There you will find what is going on in class and the various assignments I've assigned.
Google Classroom Codes:
About Mr. Miller
Students: If you need help or need to make up an assignment, you can do so at the following times:
7:00 - 7:40 am Monday through Friday
E-Time Tuesday and Wednesday
2:15 - 3:15 pm Tuesday - Friday
Extra Credit -
Duolingo is a free online site for learning a foreign language. It is also a free app.
Students need to register with an email and then they can begin working on extra credit! There are many units and each unit is broken down into lessons (usually between 3-5). For every 3 lessons a student completes, he or she can receive a 5 point extra credit certificate. Students can do as many as they want! Extra credit can be used on tests, quizzes, projects, homework...even on fixing zeroes in the past. The only thing it can't be used for is for any oral assignments or tests.
To prove to me that the student has completed lessons, he or she can show me on their phone, print off the lesson completion page on the computer, or even bring me a parent note signed and telling me how many lessons were completed.